The University of Bolton Student Services

Student Services

Resources, news and events from the Student Services Team

A warm welcome to our international students!

If you are a student from overseas you will have lots of new things to get used to and deal with when you arrive in the UK.

Even after your official enrolment and induction you might still have a lot of questions to ask, but don't worry - that's what we are here for! We can help you with how some things work in the UK, how to register with a GP, what Council Tax is, and much more.

Throughout your study you may need official letters from the University for different purposes, for example opening a bank account, Home/Sponsor, work purposes, Police registration. These letters should be requested by you via your Student Portal and are normally issued by the Student Advisors within five working days of the request (please note letters requested by Tier 4 students may be subject to extra checks by the International Student Journey Officer and the five day processing time takes this into account)

Please take a look at the "Students and Health" section and the "Student Advisors" section for more information.