The University of Bolton Student Services

Student Services

Resources, news and events from the Student Services Team

There's no such thing as a stupid question!



Although we love seeing and speaking with our students, there are a few helpful hints and tips we can list here that might save you having to get in touch: 

How do I...?

Update my personal details? Log in to your Student Record here to update your address, personal email, and telephone numbers. If your name has changed please contact us, as you will need to provide us with the legal document relating to the change. 

Contact a member of staff? Use the Staff Directory here to find staff contact details and location. We recommend emailing a tutor if you cannot locate them in person.

Request a letter? See the "Official Letters" section on this page for details of how to request a letter via your Student Record.

Find a room? See the Campus Map here.

View my results transcript? Log in to your Student Record here to view your intermediate transcript of results and the list of results codes and explanations.

Obtain an official transcript? Academic transcripts have been replaced by the Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR). You can find out more about this by clicking here.

View my timetable? Log into the My Bolton app or click here.

Find out my username and password or reset my password? You can view your username here or contact IS&T on 01204 903444 or itsupport@bolton.ac.uk 

Get help with writing assignments? Any questions about your academic work should be addressed to the relevant tutor in the first instance. However the University can offer support with academic and personal development - please look at the page here for information on Learning Excellence Achievement Pathway (LEAP) support.

Ask for my attendance to be confirmed to SFE? This is normally done automatically once you have completed the whole of the enrolment process (including ID verification). For enquiries please email Student Data Management on sdm@bolton.ac.uk.

Transfer course? It is possible to transfer courses if you feel that the course you have chosen is not right for you. Firstly speak with your personal tutor or Programme Leader as they can discuss this with you and advise you of the process. 

Get a replacement student ID card? Please contact us on studentadvisors@bolton.ac.uk or 01204 903733 as the process for obtaining a replacement ID card depends on whether you need to pay for the replacement.

Look for accommodation? Orlando Village is the University's only preferred and recommended Halls of Residence. Of course some students may wish to stay in private accommodation and there is a variety of private accommodation on offer from property management companies, letting agencies and private landlords. You can find details of Orlando Village and further information and guidance about finding private accommodation on our webpages here

We want to hear from you if you have any suggestions to add to this page - please get in touch!