Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
CSS Website Layout
logo

The University of Bolton Library

About Us

Standards and Performance

Library Chat

Since it's launch in March 2020, our Library Chat service has become a key aspect of our online support. All users of Library Chat have the option to fill in a post-chat survey. We monitor chat feedback for service and staff development purposes. 

In the period of 1st May 2020 to April 30th 2021 we dealt with 3713 chat enquiries. 

There were 1308 respondents to the post chat survey in that period, who provided the following ratings for their experience. 

 

Rating Count Percentage
Excellent 1124 85.93%
Good 142 10.86%
So-So 29 2.22%
Bad 13 0.99%

Library Research Appointments

We launched bookable online Research Appointments with our team of Academic Librarians in September 2020. All attendees are sent a post-appointment survey.

In the period of 1st May 2020 to 30th April 2021, there were 87 confirmed appointments.

There were 29 respondents to the post-appointment survey in that time period, who provided the following feedback.

  • 69% strongly agreed that the appointment met their needs. The remaining 31% chose agree. 
  • 69% strongly agreed that the appointment helped them to feel more confident using library resources. 24% agreed, 3% were not sure and 3% disagreed. 
  • 86% strongly agreed that they would recommend an appointment to others. The remaining 14% chose agree. 

We received the following comments:

  • "Great service, made me feel much more comfortable with the service and also more connected to the university as an off-campus student"
  • "Really useful session. I'm much more confident in my literature searching now"
  • "Helpful and knowledgeable. Directed me to the right resources  Thank you so much"
  • "Brilliant, very reassuring and discussed any issues I had which were very helpful. I would strongly recommend colleagues using an appointment with a librarian.  I have found this invaluable"