The University of Bolton Student Services

Mental Health and Wellbeing

Resources brought together by the Life Lounge team

Support for International Students

The University of Bolton is proud to support the studies of students from all over the world. For more information please visit the University of Bolton website by following this link, here you will find lots of helpful information. 

Attached above is a helpful guide to support in the University and externally targeting the specific needs of our international students.

Helene Kelly is our International Student Journey Officer. Helene will be able to help you with questions you may have about your Tier 4 visa. Helene can be contacted on +44(0)1204  903496 or by email at H.Kelly@bolton.ac.uk

You may want to get support from Bolton Student Union, get involved,  or connect with students. Visit their website to find out all the ways you can get involved and gain support. 

If you have spiritual needs and are not sure where to go in the local area contact our Chaplaincy team who will be more than happy to help. 

Sometimes you may feel that you need support from outside of the University. That is ok, we totally understand. The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) is the UK's national advisory body serving the interests of international students and those who work with them.

UKCISA has a really helpful website that covers a range of queries around visas, immigration, employment, funding, support services and much more. Click the link here to visit the site.

If you cannot find the information you need after looking at our website, phone our Student Advice Line on +4420 7788 9214 which is open at the following times: Monday to Friday (except for public holidays):  1.00pm to 4.00pm (UK time)

AND extended hours until the end of May 2020: Tuesday morning and Thursday morning: 10:00am to 12:00pm (midday) - (UK time)  You may be charged by your service provider.



Here are some mental health information resources that are available in a range of community languages:

The Royal College of Psychiatrists offer translations of their mental health information resources.